Topband: Have you filed your comments to the FCC on the proposed changes

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Have you filed your comments to the FCC on the proposed changes to 1900-2000 yet?
From: Donald Chester <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 21:22:29 +0000
The deadline is the 25th of this month.  Just 17 more days left. Even if you
have zero interest on what goes on above 1850 kHz, it is still crucial to get
this passed.  In the albeit unlikely but finite possibility that radiolocation
beacons will ever return, it would impact all users of the band, with everyone
trying to squeeze into the bottom 100 kHz. This may be our only window of
opportunity to regain primary status across the entire band.

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment/view?id=6017162926

So far, the response from the amateur community has been disappointing. Nothing
from ARRL yet, but I assume they will submit something.

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/proceeding/view?name=12-338

Here's how to file:

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/userManual/ecfsmanual.jsp

Don't let's give the FCC the impression that few hams care about maintaining
and preserving this band.

73,

Don

Topband Reflector