Re: Topband: VE3DO Loop

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: VE3DO Loop
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:33:18 -0500

For anyone who wonders, the 180 degree phasing was chosen because it
was dead easy to implement, was not fussy with respect to matching,
and gave the highest RDF at the expense of a little F/B.

Simply ... the 180 degree phasing cancelled the high angle response
from the "loops" (the horizontal component of the bottom wires and
the sloping sides).  Think about it!

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV