Topband: UTP ... Cat5, Cat6 and Cat7

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: UTP ... Cat5, Cat6 and Cat7
From: wa3mej@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:07:37 +0000 (UTC)

Just for those that do not know... the main difference between C at5, Cat6 and
Cat7 is the tollerance to which it is made. They are all 100 ohm impedance.

My question to JC is where does he termnate the twisted pair in the balun and
RX amp ?  in the shack .. just outside the house?

I live in a pretty low noise area.. typically I have less than S1 noise on my
RX (except of course when we are having Tstorms). I do however have some 60hz
noise in my RX and have generally thought it to be local growlers.. you know
those switching powersupplies and sources..etc.

Comments welcome direct or on the reflector

Long Live Seal Team VI

http://www.qsl.net/wa3mej/index.htm
Topband Reflector