Topband: A92IO

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: A92IO
From: Dave Court <EI3IO@connogue.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 08:44:40 +0300
Hi All
I have just completed an inspection of my K9AY RX antenna and the radial field. This radial field was laid out on waste ground (desert) to the back of my QTH. Much to my surprise this morning I found that all the radials have been cut and removed at the point of connection to the earth rods. I guess this will have a significant impact on my 160m signal. As many will know I will be leaving Bahrain at the end of August this year. I had planned to decommission the 160m vertical before mid April to take account of the cooler temperatures. It may now be earlier since I will not spend any time replacing the radial field, which has been compromised on several occasions in the past by wild-dogs and miscreant-humans.
Best 73s
Dave A92IO

--
This Email comes from Dave Court - A92IO, EI3IO, G3SDL, OZ3SDL
QTH (Grid) Locator - LL56fe (Bahrain) IO63wf (Ireland)

QSL address (Ireland): 'Connogue', River Lane, Shankill, Co. Dublin, Ireland
QSL address (Bahrain): PO Box 31183, Budaiya, Kingdom of Bahrain

Tel*: -- (Bahrain +973) 1779 4878 -- (Ireland +353) (0)48 9099 7804 or
(United Kingdom +44) (0)28 9099 7804
* All lines ring in Bahrain
VoIP: sip: 1997804@sipgate.co.uk
All good topband ops know fine whiskey is a daylight beverage.
Topband Reflector