Re: Topband: Fw: Mike, VK6Hd.

To: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: Mike, VK6Hd.
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 09:41:42 -0400
On 2013-04-12, at 11:05 AM, Bruce wrote:

> Passing of VK6HD.
> Mike will be greatly missed especially by 160 meter DXers.
>
> Kim Lyon
> VK6TM ( son of VK6LK )
>
> On 12/04/13 09:39, Robin Lyon wrote:
>
>           It is with great sadness that I inform you that Mike died this
> morning. As you are aware, I regarded him as a close friend and I shall miss
> our weekly skeds.
>  For the record, Mike was the top Australian operator on the current DXCC
> Honor Roll.

Hi Bruce,

Gosh, but that is VERY sad news indeed...

Mike's signal was doubtlessly the very first "VK6" Topband log entries with
MORE than a few stations on this side. I will miss his presence on the band, as
will many others, I am sure.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

All good topband ops know fine whiskey is a daylight beverage.
Topband Reflector