Re: Topband: Problem with compression F connectors on Quad RG-6

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Problem with compression F connectors on Quad RG-6
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 22:12:22 -0500
How about folding the shields back a little? I think that's a superior way
of doing it as opposed to cutting them all flush with the jacket.

I asked a question here some months ago about whether or not that should be
done or not on my flooded quad-shield F-6 (the CATV alum. shield version of
RG-6) that I use for my Beverages and to feed my inverted-L. Some people
said "absolutely not!" and others said "absolutely they should!".

Since folding them back is the only way of being sure that the braids are
all making contact with the shell of the F connector, I now fold the
shields back a little in my snap-and-seal F connectors. How can that hurt
anything? I think it's a better way to do it.

BTW, I run the legal limit through my F-6 and F connectors on 160. :-)  I
know others do, too. They don't even get warm.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com
All good topband ops know fine whiskey is a daylight beverage.
Topband Reflector