Topband: New SDR (Software Defined Radio) User’s Discussion Group.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: New SDR (Software Defined Radio) User’s Discussion Group.
From: "JUAN A. GRANADOS" <juangranados@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 12:34:20 +0000

This discussion group is for people interested in the state of the art of the development of SDR (Software defined Radio) and the commercial, open source and experimental options available to licensed radio amateurs worldwide.

In furthering the educational and informative purpose of this Users Discussion Group, we would like to seek your assistance in creating a library of simple tutorials directed to non-technical prospective and beginner users of SDR, so that we BETTER understand in terms of the State of the Art of the technology, hardware and software:

1. What is it this SDR radio that each of us already have, or that we would like to have; and/or

2. What are these new SDR radio options being offered.