Topband: Common sense email security

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Common sense email security
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:49:08 -0400 (EDT)
Clickable links in email are one of the most pervasive means of spreading
malware.

Never click on a link in email -- even from your best friend -- because
the "social engineering" of malware spreading emails has become quite
sophisticated.

I never click a link in email unless I'm expecting that email. If in doubt, I
send an
email to the originator asking if he sent it and if its important .

More often than not I still ignore the clickable link unless its very
important.
Even you friends can inadvertently send you a link to malware, despite their
best intentions.

Never --- NEVER! -- click on a "tiny URL" You have absolutely no idea what
is hidden behind it.

73
Frank
W3LPL