Topband: Phased 160m T'ee s

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Phased 160m T'ee s
From: "John Beaumont" <beaumonts@beaumonts.karoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 20:07:17 +0100
Evening all,

I am in the process of servicing my 2 phased antennas I have used on topband
during the last 18 months.

I idea for these verticals came from DXing on the edge page 11-19 but I was
using top loaded verticals Tee's with loading wires both antennas tuned
remotely from the shack with motorized caps. I found them to work quite good
with broadside and endfire directions and see10db difference E-W in broadside.

My thinking is the tallest mast 86ft the top loading wires
run direction approx northeast -southwest and the smaller mast in the field the
top loading wires are nearer north-south

My thinking was because I can pull the loading wire high
by a pulley from the tall mast on one leg and similar on the other leg by
pulling from 300 ft away to a 40ft pole this is on the shorter mast it would be
better with  'flat top' loading wires.

Main mast 86ft 2nd mast 65ft both top loaded and tuned by variable C. Series
fed.

5/8 wavelength spacing 336ft. I just wondered about loading wire orientation,
my thinking was no radiation from top loading. I shall be putting them up again
in the next week
been qrt a few months I just had the thought do the loading wires have to be
same orientation, I understand its a compromise with difference in height
anyway.Any thoughts.

cheers 73

John G4EIM
Topband Reflector