Topband: Don W6AM (Off Topic)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Don W6AM (Off Topic)
From: "Bill & Becky" <wmarvin2@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 22:45:52 -0500
Hi Group  When I worked for EFJ from 83-98 in the factory Service Dept at the
original  1938 building called the 2nd St factory. Upstairs were 3-4 large
rooms empty....one had a small narrow door that had many little shelves that
customers  original photo's from very early Edgar's Office stuff......I recall
one photo
a picture from " Don Wallace 6AM" with his homebrew gear with a note on back
thanking Edgar for the parts he needed..........remember EFJ and his brothers
started out
manufacturing parts in 1922.

What was sad is this little room of boxes of photo's and letters were being
rained on from a leaky roof.........I'm sure they were destine for the landfill
so I gathered them up and
gave them the marketing head with explanation at then the main plant....they
are safe now.  I wouldn't have found the large closet had I not looked.

Best Dx

Bill  KB9IV
Topband Reflector