Re: Topband: Effect of trees

To: 73rjkosz@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Topband: Effect of trees
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 13:44:57 -0400
In general, without knowing any details, it could simply be an indication
of insufficient radials with a large seasonal change in ground moisture.
 If however during the dry season there is no change after a heavy rain and
the change remains constant across the season, then the smart betting is on
the trees.

Distance from wire to trunk(s) and distance to foliage would be useful.

73, Guy.

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Robert Kavanagh <73rjkosz@sympatico.ca>wrote:

> But, Carl, there may be other variables changing in the system, for
> example, the amount of moisture in the ground. So it's not a controlled
> experiment.
>
> Bob
> VE3OSZ
>
>> Every autumn (when the fluid is leaving the trees) and every spring (when
>> the fluid is coming up again) I have to go out and adjust the phasing in
>> my
>> 2 el phased vertical for 160m. So some kind of effect does high trees have
>> on the antenna.
>> 73 SM6CPY

> Topband Reflector

Topband Reflector