Re: Topband: Anyone have a boat load of J-310s?

To: "'Paul Christensen'" <w9ac@arrl.net>, "'James Rodenkirch'" <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Anyone have a boat load of J-310s?
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:55:21 -0400
Jim,

If you really have trouble getting some J-310s, let me know.  I'd really
have to hunt -probably out in my garage. The J-310s that I have, if I could
find them, are, I expect, at least 20 years old and pre-date the shenanigans
that Paul is warning you about. The ones that I had, are, as I recall,
either ON Semi or NSC.  I probably should find mine, I guess.  I bought the
JFET version of the old AMECO preamp, from my friend, Bill, K4CIA, so I
might need some spares someday. The vacuum tube version of the AMECO preamp
didn't have those vulnerabilities, and worked great on all the low bands up
through 30m, for the same purpose that you are using yours for.

Paul's giving you some good advice. That's why I asked if you had tried
Digi-Key.  GL!

73.
Charlie, K4OTV