Re: Topband: Spiderbeam mast UV Resistance?

To: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Spiderbeam mast UV Resistance?
From: "GeorgeWallner" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:03:24 -0400
Jim,

The shiny coating on my 18 m bare SpiderPole mast got grayish, brittle and started chipping after about 8 months. Subsequently, the mast broke. The fiberglass at the break appeared to be "dusty". Since I have painted the mast, about 5 years ago, it has held up OK. Location is Florida with no shortage of sunshine.

George

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 06:14:05 -0600