Re: Topband: Nested Loops with one feedline results

To: <herbs@vitelcom.net>, "'TopBand List'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Nested Loops with one feedline results
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 18:48:07 -0400
Hi, Herb

Something you might consider is feeding the paralleled loops via a 4:1
current balun. I used this very successfully on a 2 el 5-band quad (my own
design) fed with RG-213 through a 4:1 current balun. Net result was that,
while the VSWR wasn't 1:1 anywhere, it was below 1.6:1 across all 5-bands
20-10m.  Worked great for me, and the antenna was a wonderful stellar
performer!  I did spend some months of modeling and working with
interactions in EZNEC, but it was well worth it, and the antenna tuned up
and performed just as the model predicted! A big part of the success was the
use of the 4:1 current balun to feed the paralleled drivers.

73,
Charlie, K4OTV