Re: Topband: Are stacked verticals feasible?

To: Mike Armstrong <armstrmj@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Are stacked verticals feasible?
From: <mapa50@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 23:42:48 -0500
I have the book. It is among the first antenna books I bought in 78 when I was
first starting in this hobby.
  The book is The Amateur Radio Vertical Antenna Handbook by Capt. Paul H. Lee,
USN retired N6PL SK.
  I built one of the 1/2 over 1/4 wave that you gentlemen are talking about for
20m and it worked very well indeed. the sleeve I used was a cage of 8 wires for
the middle 1/4 wave section which also gave the phase shift needed. It is not
perfect because the sleeve diameter prevents a perfect shift, but a happy
medium is possible and it will work.

                            73 es DX Pat H. Armstrong KF5YZ

 PS  I have a son named Mike