Re: Topband: 5/8 wavelength vertical is mo betta than shorter versions??

To: "'Shoppa, Tim'" <tshoppa@wmata.com>, <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>, <armstrmj@aol.com>, <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 5/8 wavelength vertical is mo betta than shorter versions??
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 11:43:23 -0400
Not "hearsay" Tim!  That's exactly the problem. The reflected sky wave from
the very high angle lobe of the 5/8 wave vertical can produce both
destructive or constructive/reinforcing interference with the main lobe
signal, depending on frequency, time of day, and distance from the
transmitter. So whether it is perceived as being superior or inferior to a
1/4 wave or 1/2 wave vertical depends lot on frequency, time of day, and
distance from the transmitter.

I'm hoping to post something soon, that, I hope, will shed a little light!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV