Re: Topband: Measuring Vertical input parameters while installing radial

To: "n2ic@arrl.net" <n2ic@arrl.net>, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Measuring Vertical input parameters while installing radials
From: Eduardo Araujo <er_araujo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 12:07:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Steve and all,
First of all, many thanks for your words.

I will try to describe the soil but sorry if I don´t use the right English
words for it.

According to my friend LU8DPM Mario, with whom I have been doing all this
effort, the soil in the area is
- Mostly organic
- PH neutral (acid level)
- water table between 2 to 3 mts

I can add it is NOT rocky hilltop or sand, it is in a plain rural area, 200 Km
from the sea.
Not artificial irrigated, only by rain.

At the moment measurement were done, 2 months had passed without rain.

When we reached 54 radials level, it rains very little (1 or 2 mm) before we
took the measurement. That was the only rain in the process.

I hope this help to have an idea.

All the best to all....... Eddie.- LU2DKT