Re: Topband: Beverage Woes

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Woes
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:35:08 -0400
I used WD1A wire for my reversible beverages over a salt marsh and
had terrible luck with them. They were incredibly noisy, more so than
the INV-L was and I gave them up for a HI-Z triangular array which
was much quieter.

It is possible the tall marsh reeds (Phragmites) blowing in the wind
close to & in some cases touching the WD-1A wire may have created a
static that caused the background noise. But both of my reversible
beverages going NW/SE & NE/SW had the same ugly characteristics. I'm
now using the WD1A for my INV-L wire and have much in reserve.

YMMV

73,

Gary