Re: Topband: 160m/80m duoband vertical question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m/80m duoband vertical question
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 11:05:29 -0400
Jim, I have a 80 meter vertical base fed wire "T" with the top loading provided by a center fed 30 foot horizontal wire to bring the base impedance up a bit. I also support a 40 meter single wire vertical from the same top catenary by fan slopping slightly the 40 meter vertical wire to the top with a dacron rope to reach the top configuration. It works very well and is a super DX antenna on these bands with about 30 60 foot radials laying on the ground. I don't see any reason why a similar configuration would not work on 160/80 meters.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ