Topband: Another Spitfire question

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>, Eduardo Araujo <er_araujo@yahoo.com>, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Another Spitfire question
From: bruce whitney <zuceman@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 06:42:51 -0800 (PST)

How can I tune the parasitic elements (with an analyzer) when supported by a
permanently grounded (shunt fed, Omega matched) tower?
I read the tuning procedure requiring the tower to be ungrounded? - non
resonant, in order to set the length of the parasitics?

Also - with Tom's analysis, that the parasitics are actually sloped verticals -
by virtue of the horizontal portion ground coupling - wouldn't one be better
off stringing multiple (exactly opposite) counterpoise wires?