Re: Topband: bias tee

To: "donovanf@starpower.net" <donovanf@starpower.net>, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: bias tee
From: Jeff Woods <jmwooods@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:43:00 -0800 (PST)

If you're switching Beverages, the transformer can serve double-duty as the DC
isolation as well as impedance transformation.  75 (or 50) ohm winding in
series with the coax center and the relay.  RF bypass capacitor across the
relay coil.

The BN202-73 or -43 cores work well for this application.  Toroids.info has a
handy calculator for inductance.

-Jeff W0ODS

Topband Reflector