Topband: Power Line Noise Help Needed

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Power Line Noise Help Needed
From: Joe <galicic@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 07:37:04 -0500
I am currently working with the Potomac Edison power company to locate
the source of strong power line noise in Point of Rocks, MD (FM19fg)
Tech has been to my QTH and has taken samples of the noise using his RFI
locater.  He has been driving the area over the past day or so.  The
noise is 20DB over S9 and seems to come from the East - South East
according to my RX array and mag loop.  If you live close to Point of
Rocks, MD could you please let me know if you have strong power line
noise in the frequency range of 1800-3600 KHZ.  Use AM mode to listen
for it.  I would like to report these findings to the power company to
assist in their search.  Thanks -Joe n3Hee