Re: Topband: DX-100 adventure

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX-100 adventure
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 13:01:49 -0500
On 12/06/2013 12:36 PM, Carl wrote:

Ive been using 3 wire cords, the proper line bypasses, and a fuse holder added in an available hole near the 5V4. The original cord and fuse holders get big prices on Fleabay.

Toggle switches, key, and PTT mike jacks are also higher than expected failure items.

Carl
KM1H

Hi,

I'll be looking at the ratings on those power line filter parts. I already knew about those from some other lists. The toggle switches on mine are on their last legs so those are up for replacement too. I don't have the negative bias and it might be the transformer. The wiring in that area is a genuine rat's nest. I've misplaced the certification documents so you'll have to just take my word on that. I'm hoping to remove much of that rat's nest, clean it up, and get the bias voltage back.

73,

Bill  KU8H