Re: Topband: 160 Test Aurora

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 Test Aurora
From: "Augie \"Gus\" Hansen" <augie.hansen@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 21:08:10 -0700

On 12/9/2013 10:23 AM, Gary Smith wrote:
I did fairly well all considering I had set the alarm for 5AM EST
Saturday to get any gray line contacts and vaguely remember hitting
unsuccessfully the the snooze button & instead turned off the alarm.
As a result I didn't work any AK, BC, MB or NT sections. Those missed
four early morning hours gave me a hit against my game plan. ...

Although I had a hard time forcing myself out of bed at 5 in the morning on Saturday, it was good that I did. Tuning to the DX window, the first station I heard was KL7RA CQing loud and clear and getting no replies. Got AK in the log. Then later that evening I heard you and got CT logged. Thanks to both of you for new ones confirmed via LoTW. Only four left (RI, ME, WV, and MS) to complete my quest for CW WAS via LoTW. (I've actually worked WV and MS, but no LoTW confirmations.)

Cheers,
Gus Hansen, KB0YH
Denver, CO