Re: Topband: DX-100 adventure - progress

To: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>, "'Bill Cromwell'" <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX-100 adventure - progress
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 09:14:54 -0500
Ive been using a 6AH6 in the VFO and regulating the screen and plate with a 120V 5W zener and suitable dropping resistor and a 47uF 'lytic with a .01disc. Grid drive is still sufficient for 100W+ on 10M with full audio after those mods are also done. A 6AH6 is also the better tube in the VF-1, Johnson 122, Globe Champs and others using a 6AU6.

The change to choke input on the LV goes back decades since the original way was too much LV for some circuits for long reliability.

I use a scope to get ripple down in all circuits to where I like it since most of my customers use them on AM but it shouls also help on CW.

I did make a few contacts in the Stew using a 1939 Meissner Signal Shifter at 7W and a 1934 National FB-XA receiver.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>