Topband: lack of activity on TB from left coast

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: lack of activity on TB from left coast
From: "Dr. Wolf Ostwald" <df2py@t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 09:54:16 +0100
hny to everybody on the reflector !
today we saw real good condx to the western US here from central EU. But i guess the word did not spread fast enough. I sure was missing all the " clear channel stations" from the coast. VE6SV had a blasting signal here way into daylight. My guess is, that with the high solar activity the days with west coast propagation have been few from central EU and the interest faded. Lets hope that the SP contest will yield the same good prop and get some interesting contacts into everybodies log. In times like these, a lowband chat like the ON4KST is a very helpful tool, as the openings are few and short most of the times, and efficiency can be run up by getting the current DX news faster than by just tuning across the band. To get the activity up, we need to have stations CQing and at the same time folks that search the band and get the word out to stir up some action.
73 de wolf      ..---   .--.   -.--