Re: Topband: DX-100 adventure contiunued

To: "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, "'Bill Cromwell'" <wrcromwell@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX-100 adventure contiunued
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 20:38:42 -0500
Yeah, those old "Benton Harbor Kilowatts" did a pretty good job on AM - not
quite as good as a Viking II or a Viking Ranger, but pretty good. Those old
1625 modulators and a real high-level plate-modulation transformer did a
pretty good job. When you consider what we had to pay for one, it enabled a
lot of us, except for poor kids like me that had to build things on old
junked broadcast receiver chassis from whatever junk and WW II surplus we
could scrounge up. BUT we had fun and we learned a lot -back in the old days
!!  I still have fun!

73,
Charlie,K4OTV (licensed 1957)