Re: Topband: Ends for older Phillystran

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ends for older Phillystran
From: "Lloyd Berg - N9LB" <lloydberg@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:17:57 -0600
To clarify, it was the original straight fiber version of Philly-strand that
we had problems with at WDAE AM 1250 KHz.

We were able to successfully compensate for the inner strand slippage
characteristic by adopting a greatly lengthened foldback, large thimbles,
and lots of clamps.

If you do use the original straight strand version Philly-strand, just be
aware of the slippage issue, adopt a more thorough system of clamping, and
inspect it frequently!