Topband: Feeding a Base Insulated Tower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Feeding a Base Insulated Tower
From: "Larry - K1UO" <k1uo@uninet.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 08:40:12 -0500
I have a couple questions I have never been able to find any direct answer
for...  so... out of curiosity...

1:  I have never found or read any information concerning the best way to feed
a base insulated tower.  Is it better to just feed one leg from the matching
network or would it be better to feed all three tower legs at the same time...
OR... does it even make any difference at all?  Any out there that have tried
both ways?

2:  Also..Now there is a static bleed choke across only one leg insulator of
the vertical... Is it better with one on each leg across the base insulators?
(each leg is insulated with T10 Garolite solid rod type insulators about 18 in
long and milled to fit the Rohn 25 tower legs..  4 in. insulated gap left
between the upper tower and lower 2ft of tower left out of concrete base.)