Re: Topband: Speking of Hardline

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Speking of Hardline
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 18:43:56 -0600
When I built my radio station in 2000, it so happened that the local cable
company was replacing all the hardline in town.  I went to the manager and he
told me I could go to the yard and have anything I wanted - 600 feet or less
(the new stuff).  I made a bunch of trips back and forth and got 18 reels that
probably averaged 350 feet each (3/4 inch).

My advice would be to call the local office of every CATV company within
reasonable driving distance, tell the manager you are a ham operator and need
3/4 inch hardline.  You will find it for free.

73...Stan

Sent from Stan's IPhone