Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh

To: "'Bill Stewart'" <cwopr@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh, NC
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:17:25 -0500
Hi, Bill!

Well, it's bad out there!  Lots of gridlock on the roads and now the weather
people are calling for 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch of ICE!  That WILL bring the power
down. Don’t' thimk I'm able to get my generator going, altho ugh it has bropu
ght me through a few ice storms and a hurricane in the past but I'm too
crippled now to; foo; with it! I'll just have to hunker down and  hope for the
best. I do have my gas logs. flashlights etc.

If my ship comes in, I'd like to get a whole house generator with a transfer
switch and electric start tho;at run's from natural gas but that doesn' help me
right now!

Take care and stay warm, Bill

73,
Charlie, K4OTV