Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh

To: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh, NC
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 21:26:35 -0500
From what I see on the forcasts I'll also be needing luck.

Once the snow hits about 5AM the winds will be slowly rising with the temperature and once it hits about 31 it will be in double digits reaching the high 20 mph range which includes 6 hours of snow/ice thru the dark hours before the temps fall at Friday dawn as the winds shift.

All in all about 14 hours of something falling until 7AM Friday and then 12 hours of warming up into the mid 40's before more heavy wet snow from another front from the SW. This could be a mess, maybe I'll get another 10 gal of gas early tomorrow before it gets really going, and then just hunker down.

I got a feeling that all the utilities tree trimming the past 3 years isnt going to stop a lot of wires coming down.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>