Re: Topband: Contest in progress - few signals

To: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>, "Bernie McClenny, W3UR" <bernie@dailydx.com>, "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Contest in progress - few signals
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:19:56 -0500
If I am operating ARRL DX contest at home I just work the handful of no-mult-no-point domestic guys to get them out of the way. Out of 2000+ QSO's, only two such cases this year, better than some previous years!

A multi-multi would worry about setting a bad precedent though.

I can't understand ignoring callers in an ARRL DX contest on 160, unless the operator is working a run for DX. Generally stations are sitting there endlessly CQing over and over again with only sporadic contacts.

Seems to me it would just be a whole lot better, as long as there aren't DX callers, to just tell the person they don't count.

Also, if a person is trying to be helpful, even if they are mistaken and being a pest, I see little reason to be rude or nasty. We can't all be perfect, and most of us make mistakes at one time or another. This is not a busy contest (on 160) to an extent that occasional mistakes by people trying to be helpful becomes an issue with score.

73 Tom