Re: Topband: EZnec - 4nec2 - MODELING THE 1/4 SLOPERS.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: EZnec - 4nec2 - MODELING THE 1/4 SLOPERS.
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 15:08:06 -0400
Jim.....You hit on a good point with a 1/4 sloper that it should be some distance, in your case 5 feet, from the tower at the top or high voltage end. Having the top right at the tower seems to deteriorate the performance overall as many who have tried this seem to underscore. What you have presumably are two verticals with an a periodic reflector which is your tower. Having switchable gain both on RX and TX and some F/B is great. I am glad you confirmed this with both NEC and on the air tests.

Regards,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ