Topband: VK3ZL

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: VK3ZL
From: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:42:29 +1100
Hi all..I have been completely overwhelmed with all the best wishes emails and just want to humbly thank you all..

I am in a very critical situation at present..The tumor was discovered last November and I had surgery prior to Christmas to stabilise it and give me time to pick up a bit of strength for major surgery..

Unfortunately the tumor decided to move up to my right kidney effectively blocking it..I had more surgery a week ago to save the kidney and they have put a stent between the kidney and bladder as a temporary fix..

I am extremely unwell and naturally apprehensive about the future but I will do my best..I have to face removal of my bladder, prostate and lymph nodes and I will have an artificial bladder made from a section of small bowel and a stoma for drainage.

I am home again for a while and have my radio always listening on 1.824.5 and I will try and get back on air...I can always be found on the ON4 topband chat also..

Once more I thank you all, more than 250 pm's, and Dave WoFLS one of my numerous Topband contacts..

Bob..VK3ZL..