Re: Topband: another carrier

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: another carrier
From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@ieee.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 17:52:23 +0000
I make it about 125 to 130 degrees from Victoria, BC (local time 10:40am PDT, so, likely ground wave, but not strong). The AM broadcaster on 1680 kHz nulls a few degrees further south.

This is using a tuned medium wave loop antenna, so it doesn't resonate on 160m, and local noise tends to queer things in a more north-south direction, but it seems to be a reasonable direction finder otherwise. A west facing Flag with adjustable termination can null the signal also, so I don't think it is at 130+180 = 310 degrees.

best wishes,

Nick
VE7DXR