Re: Topband: Radar Engineers Model 239

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Radar Engineers Model 239
From: Tom Miller <tmiller11147@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 15:30:47 +0000 (UTC)
Bob K6ZZ <bob.selbrede <at> gmail.com> writes:

> By chance does anyone on the list happen to have a repair manual or
> schematic for a Radar Engineers Model 239 RFI Locator?  I have the
> Instruction Manual but it doesn't have much information in it.  Radar
> Engineers doesn't have a service manual or any more information
> available on this unit.  It's about 20 years old best guess.  I have a
> unit that won't power up.
>
> Thanks, Bob K6ZZ
> _________________

Hi Bob,

I also have one of those receivers and found your message while googling
for a manual. On mine, the power supply also was dead. At first, I found a
shorted electrolytic on the power supply board. Replacint that got some
positive results but there is still a problem and I suspect some more power
supply issues. There is a resistor ( R556) near the two N-chan mosfets that
has overheated and I can not read the value. Can you tell me the value of
that resistor if yours is ok?

Regards,
Tom Miller
WA3PZI