Re: Topband: DC bias tee question

To: "Pete Smith N4ZR" <n4zr@contesting.com>, "topband reflector" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DC bias tee question
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 21:47:46 -0400
I've been looking at the Shared Apex Loop, and one thing I am puzzled by (among many) is that the bias tee/DC coupler circuit has both sides of the 75-ohm feed coming in from the antenna and the DC supplied to the coupler totally isolated from ground, while the ground side of the coax going to the receiver is connected to ground. Having recently been totally defeated in building a bias tee of my own for receive antenna switching, I wonder if maybe this is a subtlety of the design that had escaped me.

That makes no difference in function.