Re: Topband: Fwd: cable clamps on old Phillystran

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>, Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: cable clamps on old Phillystran
From: HAROLD SMITH JR <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 08:21:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Grant and Carl,

About 20 years ago, I replaced my steel guy wires on my 80 ft of Rohn 45G with
6700lb Phillystran. At that time the end kits were 4 galvanized cable clamps
and a plastic end cap.
Their instructions said to torque the cable clamps to 25 ft/lbs. I also used
RTV on the end caps.
I have had no problem and the installation has been through winds over 80 mph.
The Phillystrand
did improve my shunt feed performance on 160. I did have to re-tune my Omega
Match.
I also use 1200 lb Phillystran for the overhead guy on my Telrex 20M456

73  Price W0RI near St. Louis