Re: Topband: duo-band 80m/160m antenna

To: "Carl Luetzelschwab" <carlluetzelschwab@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: duo-band 80m/160m antenna
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 11:15:38 -0400

All,

I had a quarter-wave 80m wire vertical (thanks to a pulley under the limb
of an 80ft tall oak tree) with three elevated radials. Worked great.

I bought a length of 3-inch OD B&W inductor stock and got some high-voltage
door-knob capacitors to make an 80m trap. Put it at the top of the 80m
vertical, added three 120ft elevated radials and added a wire that slanted
back to the house to resonate it on 160m.

it took some extra work, but it was a nice duo-band antenna with my single
3CX800 amp.

Carl K9LA

What about two seperate antennas with a common feed? Have the 80 as a vertical and the 160 spaced from it a foot or so and then go to a L or T at the top? If 80 is an aluminum tube then U bolt on a plate with an insulator extending out for the standoff.

Carl
KM1H