Re: Topband: Deployable radials for 80/160M - Summary

To: "rich kennedy" <astro_maryland@yahoo.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Deployable radials for 80/160M - Summary
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 08:01:02 -0400

3. Several users like to tie the individual radials in a sequence, one to the next, and twisting together the ends, for both deployment and re-spooling so that there is one long continuous piece of wire. One or two users built 'packages' of 2, 4, or even 6 wires all in parallel, especially where the radial lengths are nearly identical. If one has radial wires of multiple length, then he/she may want to consider color-coding the wire groups of different lengths (or using a spray paint the ends) to 'label' them for next seasons lowband operation.

** Now that is a new concept to me as Ive used partial to full reels of surplus wire up to 5000'. I wonder what NEC4 has to say about that for buried, on ground or elevated radials?

Carl
KM1H