Re: Topband: de K3JJG: Glad ur Still Kickin'! :)

To: <cqdx160@peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: de K3JJG: Glad ur Still Kickin'! :)
From: "Charlie" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 16:59:41 -0400
Thanks, Ed!

Yes, Andy is a prince - and a great guy! Really heartwarming to have someone
on the "other side of the pond" checking on me!

Well, my MS is MUCH better than it was last summer! Some of the things that
I have been doing to manage the disease  seem to be working and helping a
lot! I'm very thankful!

OK on your operation on topband! I also operate almost exclusively CW - may
get on SSB occasionally to chase a  new country that I haven't worked on CW
- but, I've worked 326 on CW!  Hope to get some 160 antennas put back in
place this summer, I think I may be doing well enough to do some antenna
work - at least from ground level. I really miss my 160 antennas!

I'm sort of "hit-or-miss" on topband reflector, I really enjoy antennas and
have worked on them a LOT professionally in my electrical engineering
career, as well as lots of high-performance amateur radio antennas. So
sometimes I'll get involved in some extended threads trying to assist some
guys working their way through antenna issues because I really enjoy it!

Well, I hope we have a good DX season also, but keep in mind that our summer
is winter in the southern hemisphere!. Some good stuff shows up on 160 in
the summer around our sunrise, when it's not so noisy! - VKs, ZLs, South
Pacific and South America, for example. Lots of the guys drop off 160 for
the summer, but there's often good stuff there for those who are willing to
go on the morning "sunrise watch"!

Thanks for writing, Ed!

73 and good DX

Charlie, K4OTV