Topband: VK3ZL SK

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: VK3ZL SK
From: W9UCW--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 12:53:06 -0400 (EDT)

Bob was a Ham's Ham. He did it all with grace, art and prowess. He  told me
early on
that he had put up a 42' "Minooka  Special." I don't know if he stuck with
that design,
but he surely did well with a small antenna,  whatever type it was. He
could really hear
well, too. He gave me over a hundred  QSO's on 160 since May of '91. In
fact, one
March morning in 2004 he answered my CQ on  1824.5 from my mobile in the
driveway.
We had just moved and had no equipment  unpacked & no antennas. Bob always
cheered you up in the morning and that was  especially true that day. I bet
the boys
met him at the Pearly Gates and took him right  to the big 160 set-up...
with a fully
equipped workshop next door.
So long, old friend,
Barry,  W9UCW