Topband: IT9ZGY SK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: IT9ZGY SK
From: "John Vickers" <wa4tt@nlamerica.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 18:36:46 -0400
Just saw this post by Joe on CQ-contest.  Peter was a regular on Topband for
years until recently. I'm sure many remember him.
RIP OT,  WA4TT

In behalf of his contest team, IB9T/IR9Y, I'm very sad to inform the Contest
and DX community that the "beacon" of genuine and top level HAM activity in
Sicily, Pietro Marino IT9ZGY, became Silent Key today, at age of 80.
He was a superb example of HAM spirit and a great elmer for a lot of us.
Our condolences to his wife Gilda IT9KFQ and his family.

Joe, IT9BLB
one of IB9T/IR9Y