Re: Topband: Common Mode currents via Antenna Switch(Ungrounded)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Common Mode currents via Antenna Switch(Ungrounded)
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 18:06:09 -0700
On 8/6/2014 2:50 PM, Hugh Valentine wrote:
I have some RF in shack/house/computer which usually manifests when use the OCF
dipole at High Power.

No surprise, an OCF dipole is a common mode current generator, and it's very difficult to choke it, especially for high power, because the high common mode voltage/current will fry a choke.

I've written extensively on applications like yours, it's on my website. Study the RFI tutorial and the Coaxial Chokes power point. Chokes are generally ineffective except at the feedpoint.

73, Jim K9YC