Re: Topband: New 3 el 160m yagi at 7J4AAL

To: "'topband List'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: New 3 el 160m yagi at 7J4AAL
From: "DL2OBO \( Carsten-Thomas Dauer\)" <dl2obo@dl2obo.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 02:03:58 +0200
Yes, the boom of the 5el 80m yagi is used as a 160m dipole.

160m and 80m yagis are on separate towers

While discussing about efficiency between yagis and vertical arrays it was
more the question, what Kan WANTED to build.
Sure he could have built a vertical array instead, but he didn't want to.

Otoh, the terrain for a 9 circle etc. is not really good at his QTH

73 Tom  www.DM9EE.de   ( ex DL2OBO )