Re: Topband: BCB interference ?

To: "Ed Stallman" <n5dg@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB interference ?
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 07:07:42 -0700
Ed,
I have the same problem. A 25KW station at 1560 KHz just destroys the front end of my K3. Elecraft did not do a vey good job on their front end filtering but that's another issue. I finally had to build a 7 pole HPF from W3NQN's article many years ago. The catch is it has to be able to handle the transmit power too. There is no room in the K3 for a receive filter. Elecraft just blew me off when I told them about the problem. They said I was 1 in a 1000 that had that problem and they were not going to fix it. You will need at least 40 dB of attenuation and to my knowledge none of the commercially available filters will do the job. I heard that Array Solutions might have a transmit HPF now but I have not looked into it.
73 Hardy N7RT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Stallman" <n5dg@airmail.net>