Re: Topband: Remote pre-amp power source

To: k1fz@myfairpoint.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Remote pre-amp power source
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 08:29:20 -0400
If the pre-amp point is readily accessible and in a not easy spot to get
consistent sunlight (e.g. dense forest), it sometimes makes more economic
sense to use dry cells and/or rechargeable batteries that can be swapped
out for recharging every few days.

P.S. I work in an industry that until very recently used No. 6 cells for
some remote applications :-)

Tim N3QE