Re: Topband: 160 ground plane choke

To: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 ground plane choke
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 10:34:36 -0400
I would think the W2DU style would be the lightest but also pretty ineffective on 160 as well as power limited.

Use a heavier duty rope (or #12 solid Copperweld , non resonant lengths of course for all bands), and a couple of Fair-Rite 2631803802 31 mix 2.4" toroids. Use RG-400, to wrap the toroids and then LMR-400 or similar if running 1500W. RG-8X will handle 1500W on 160 but its a bit marginal especially when the VSWR climbs or when you decide to try digital or RTTY.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cqtestk4xs--- via Topband" <topband@contesting.com>