Re: Topband: Radial Wire

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial Wire
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:05:21 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Gary,

I've used bare 14 AWG solid bare copper wire with good success in
shallow buried radial systems. It would be a poor choice in corrosive
soil (my heavy clay soil is not corrosive).

I use 16 AWG stranded insulated copper wire for radials for temporary
receiving arrays in areas with heavy foot traffic by herds of white tail
deer.

73
Frank
W3LPL